Thursday, September 20, 2007
posted by IChiban at Thursday, September 20, 2007

2007_09_flowercab.jpg

Personally, I think they're pretty tacky- and so do a lot of people I know, but no one I've asked knows exactly why they've been painted.

"The project is called Garden in Transit and it's a mobile public art project to help "celebrate the 100th anniversary of New York's first traditional metered taxicab." The decals that decorate the cabs were painted by 23,000 children and adults from organizations around New York City. The waterproof decals are decorating thousands of cabs in the city."

 
1 Comments:


At Friday, September 21, 2007 at 9:27:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous

I think this is a great idea...and one that really brightens up the City. Not tacky at all in my book! It's beautifying our cityscape and has all been done by kids :)